Sunday, November 19, 2006

On Becoming the Woman I've Hated

I've been wanting to learn how to make cheese for a few years now. (Nevermind that I'm allergic to it.)

Last year at Christmas, I considered buying XGF a cheese-making kit for Christmas, to make brie. But I wasn't sure the conditions in the basement were suitable. So I held off -- and then I got divorced.

But guess what, my friends? I've learned how to make cheese in the past year anyway. Without a book. Without a kit. Without any instruction whatsoever.

Unfortunately, all I know how to make is Velveeta. Or, rather, something very highly processed, hard to swallow and absolutely not good for you.

And I *hate* that. I've become the kind of woman I've hated: a Velveeta maker. That wasn't what I was going for at all. *sigh*

No comments: