Sunday, April 23, 2006

Crazy family members

Right now, I'm suffering -- SUFFERING, I'm telling you. I'm having to listen to my dad's wife talk incessantly about her difficulties attaching files to e-mail. ... And about how the battery in her cell phone dies too quickly. I wish it would die RIGHT NOW.

More than two hours ago, I called and asked if there were any more recent photos of my late brother, Jason, on the computer there at my dad's house. The most recent one I have is from sixth grade.

I had no idea it could be this complicated, especially considering my dad is your classic Early Adopter and has technology this and that coming out his ass. But his wife is the only one at their house right now, and she admits to being dumber than a fence post. However, she also has some kind of deal where she wants me to stay on the phone with her while she clicks and clicks and clicks. (And she's talking to my dad on the other line at the same time.)

I've managed to end this conversation THREE times. But then, she calls back. Once, I didn't answer it. But here I am on the phone again. *sigh* Thank heavens it's the weekend and this isn't costing me any cell minutes.

I've got her on speaker phone. She can hear me typing. She asked what I was doing, and I told her I have two finals, a paper and a presentation all due tomorrow. Hint. Hint. But still.... Just for a damn photo?

This is so stupid. I wish the line would drop.

No comments: