Tuesday, February 14, 2006

My Valentine is on the way to hell....

Yesterday, GF called from Hong Kong. Being on the other side of the International Date Line, it was already Valentine's Day, and I gave her my best wishes. Today, she called me in turn and wished *me* a Happy V-day from afar. That date line is a really messed up thing. But the upside is that sometimes, you get to celebrate holidays twice.

GF is currently out scouring the streets of Hong Kong, looking for the world's longest escalator. It is something like 800 meters long, and it takes 20 minutes to ride it. GF, who has a slight fear of being "caught" in an escalator, wants to ride that puppy. The only problem, she says, is that it's a one-way escalator for most of the day. Once she gets down to whatever circle of hell you can reach in 800 meters (hello, that's about 2,500 feet!), she's not sure how she'll get back up to the surface. It's just so Journey to the Center of the Earth, isn't it?

Good luck, GF! Bring me back a nice hot mug of mantle!

No comments: