Sunday, June 17, 2007

That should be enough.

I engaged today in what I anticipate will be my last impassioned bit of speaking in class about the subject of LGBT issues. If there was ever going to be a useful point in saying the things I said to my colleagues on this subject, today was the time and the place to do it.

And so I did it.

There is a complicated story here. One which I am not prepared to write. It's still sinking in, and once it does, I'm going to need to marinate on it for a while.

But it was a good experience. It really was. ... Just maybe a bit more powerfully influential in how I experience myself than I anticipated or intended it to be.

The one observation I will make: I have in this graduate school experience been given some incredible gifts. Today, I am thinking both of getting to study in the company of some very compassionate souls, and also in making friends with a few of them who are, in my eyes, really special people. I'm thinking specifically of S2 and Handsome Gay Male today.

I love passionate, fiery, kind-hearted people. They are the best sort. (Or at least I like to believe that, being one of them myself.)

No comments: